Introspection

To gauge the influence of aspects that shape our lives is a mammoth task. It requires deep introspection and even deeper self-awareness. But I do feel like if you're able to find your own faults, compare them with your strengths, find your likes, dislikes, opinions or beliefs, it'll lead you way ahead in life.

Here are some of mine:

  1. Fear: Both a deterrent and a motivator, this strong emotion can either break you or push you beyond your limits. I am fearful of lizards, earthquakes and thunder, all three of which impair my ability to think, work or just about get anything done.
  1. Like: I like a lot of things and that's something I take pride in. Even things I don't like, I can learn to like over time if I amass enough information. But if I had to pick the top three things that I genuinely like, it would be reading, swimming and scratching things off my checklist.
  1. Love: A little stronger than like, this emotion makes you experience a gamut of them more. In the end, when all is said and done, love is what we brightens our days. My love for my family, my friends and food keeps me going.
  1. Hate: Although I refrain from using this word as much as possible, there are certain things I cannot help but hate with every fibre of my being, reptiles being the topmost. Besides that I hate narrow minded people who do not listen to others and are unwilling to open up their minds. They frustrate me to no end. I also hate floods a lot. Having walked in a fair share of my own, I would rather never have to go through that.
  1. Agree: I agree with people more than things or situations. I agree with Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama and Jane Austen. I agree with their philosophies of life. I agree with their courage. I agree with their work and their passion for their craft.
  1. Disagree: I strongly disagree with a lot of people, just like I agree with some. Donald Trump tops the list here. His entire idea of how to build a nation stumps me. I disagree with extreme jingoism and also with the saying ‘all is fair in love and war’. It's a tired old cliche and people should stop using it.
  1. Want immediately: At this very moment, given the weather this city is facing, I immediately want an air conditioner, a one-way ticket to a hill station and a huge bottle of chilled cola.
  1. Wish you had: I wish I had more time to do things. At the same time, I wish I had also used my time wisely in the past and done certain things differently. But, on a lighter note, I wish I had not eaten that terrible bowl of Maggi noodles in the afternoon.
  2. Would never want: Part of growing up is realising that you don't want everything in life. For starters, I would never want to live a life where I'd have to plan months in advance to see my family. I would never want to become so consumer with myself that I'd stop caring about those around. Also, I would never want to own a pet.
  1. Believe in: I believe in myself (on most days). I believe in my abilities to do better and be better. And lastly, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Every situation in the past and those to come in the future are all there to mould or shape you in a way that in unique to your life and destiny. I firmly believe that one day it'll all make sense and all we need to do is be patient and watch life pan out.
The need to state all of this may seem useless and irrelevant on a blog like this. But, the point is to introspect and learn a little about ourselves or rather the updated version of ourselves who we fail to evaluate and judge. And this is to make life a little more comprehensive because when you know where your likes and dislikes lie, it makes it that much easier to move in a particular direction.

Comments

Popular Posts